- Ongoing Promotions
- Great on Mobile
- Top Game Providers
- An award-winning casino
- Great wagering requirements
- Fully licensed
How Easy is PayPal To Use Online?
One of the attractions of PayPal is that it’s a simple method of payment. There are very few steps involved in using PayPal, either for deposits or withdrawals.
The first thing to do is to register your account. You do this through the PayPal website, linking your bank account, credit or debit card as the selected source of funds. Make sure that you deposit an initial amount from your bank account into PayPal so that you have funds readily available for your casino account.
With your banking details already saved on your PayPal profile, there’s no need to enter this information when depositing or withdrawing funds at your Irish online casino. This expedites the cashiering function and means your funds are available within minutes.
How to Sign Up at an Online Casino Using PayPal
The sign-up process with PayPal as your chosen payment method is very similar to any other payment option. The steps to follow may vary somewhat between casinos, but they generally follow this pattern.
- Click on the Sign-Up button to start the process.
- Complete the series of pop-up forms with your personal details.
- Select PayPal as your payment method.
- Finalise setting up your account.
- Navigate to the cashier to fund your new account.
Most casinos in Ireland that offer PayPal as a casino banking method allow you to deposit and withdraw funds in this manner. When using PayPal on a casino site, the steps for both transactions should follow patterns similar to the ones indicated below.
How to Make a Deposit Using PayPal
- Log in to your casino account.
- Navigate to the cashier and select the Deposit option.
- Enter your promo code if you have one available.
- Click on the PayPal button.
- Enter your deposit amount at which point the casino directs you to the PayPal site.
- Log in to your PayPal account with your email address and PayPal password.
- If you’ve linked more than one bank account or card to your PayPal account select the one you wish to use.
- Enter the amount and finalise the transaction.
- Your funds reflect in your casino account immediately.
Before you can deposit from your PayPal account, make sure that you have sufficient funds to cover the payment. PayPal isn’t a credit facility and requires a positive balance before processing your transaction.
How to Make a Withdrawal Using PayPal
- Log in to your casino account.
- Click the Withdrawal button on the cashier page.
- Enter the amount that you wish to withdraw, and submit. The casino cashier diverts you to the PayPal website.
- Log in to your PayPal account with your email address and password.
- Select the bank account where you would like the funds transferred.
- Enter the withdrawal amount and finalise the transaction.
- The payment to PayPal may take a couple of days, depending on the casino’s withdrawal policy.
- Once the funds have been reflected, you can keep the money in your PayPal account or transfer them to your bank account or credit card.
It’s worth noting that you must usually have first deposited funds into your casino account via PayPal before withdrawing using PayPal at an online casino. If you deposit via another method, you may not be able to withdraw funds back into your PayPal account. This, and any other conditions of using PayPal as a casino payment method, is covered in the banking section of the online casino.
Is PayPal a Widely Used Casino Payment Method?
PayPal brought its online payment services to Ireland in 2004 and has slowly but surely been spreading its wings into different online industries, with close to 400 million active users worldwide. Online gambling is just one industry that employs PayPal as a payment method, and over time it has become one of the most used options. We can attribute this popularity to several factors.
In this age of online transacting and cyber-security, you must be confident in the security of your financial information. PayPal prides itself on the levels of security it employs to protect its customers. Knowing that your financial and personal data are safe from the threat of unashamed hackers goes a long way to making it a widely used online payment method.
PayPal transactions are generally free of charge, making it a highly attractive option for players. The casino covers the costs involved in transacting. However, it may levy a fee for certain transactions, for example, if you withdraw an excessive amount. This is the case with most online transactions, regardless of whether you’re using an e-wallet, bank transfer or credit card. The casino terms and conditions include details of these exceptions.
Another reason that makes PayPal such a popular payment method is the speed with which you can transact. Funds reflect instantly in your casino account, meaning there’s very little delay between gaming sessions. In addition, once you’ve downloaded the PayPal app to your mobile device, you can top up your account even when you’re not close to a computer.
Safe, free, fast and convenient. These are the main reasons we see so many customers playing using PayPal at an online casino. There are other similar options available, but PayPal has the advantage of being a global household name with a stellar reputation. It takes time to build this up, and PayPal is ahead of the curve in that respect.
- Widely used at the Irish casinos
- Super-secure to use online
- Many bonuses available
- There are some payment limits
Where to Find Casinos That Accept PayPal?
Undoubtedly, the best place to find casinos that accept PayPal as a payment method is right here on our website. We’ve done the hard graft for you so that you have a convenient list of casinos with PayPal at your fingertips.
If you prefer not to take our word for it, a simple internet search will bring up a host of options where you can safely transact online with PayPal. It’s always best to check the casino’s terms and conditions first so that you are confident of an experience suited to your requirements.
How Safe is Using PayPal at Online Casinos?
PayPal is known to be one of the most secure payment methods out there. This is for a large number of reasons, the main one being that players do not have to give any sensitive banking information to the casino when making a PayPal deposit.
This instantly removes the major risk of having these details fall into the wrong hands (even though most online casinos will have SSL encryption protocols in place to prevent this from happening).
Additionally, PayPal itself has a strong set of security features including SSL data encryption technologies and 24/7 fraud monitoring. There's also the option to activate a two-factor authentication protocol with this payment method to give players added protection.
This means that players will not just need their password for each sign in to their PayPal account, but also a specific code that's sent via text each time a transaction is made, thus ensuring extra protection.
Are There any Transaction Fees When Using PayPal?
Most online casinos operating in Ireland will let you deposit and withdraw using PayPal completely free of charge. What's important to know is that PayPal itself doesn't charge for the majority of its transactions, especially if they are in the same currency that the PayPal account was set up in.
Conversions and cross-currency transactions are different matters and players will be charged a fee for this type of transaction. Players also aren't charged when transferring money from PayPal to their bank account.
However, whilst PayPal may not charge fees, some of the newest online casinos do. Some casinos charge a fee to the player for the simple privilege of using PayPal. This is often done to offset the charge PayPal issues to the casino for the use of their services. Most casinos will announce this clearly though, so players just need to check the conditions before signing up.
It's also worth noting that some welcome bonuses are not eligible when the player uses PayPal as the deposit method.
FAQs About PayPal Casinos
We’ve covered a lot of the ins and outs of using PayPal at online casinos. In case you still have some uncertainties, we’ve compiled these frequently asked questions that should give you the information you’re lacking.
- PayPal (Official Website)
Other Payment Methods on Irish Luck
- Casinos That Accept Revolut
- Casinos That Accept ecoPayz
- Casinos That Accept Skrill
- Casinos That Accept Bitcoin
- Casinos That Accept Trustly
- Casinos That Accept Boku
- Casinos That Accept EntroPay
- Casinos That Accept PaySafeCard
- Casinos That Accept Zimpler
- Casinos That Accept PayForIt
- Casinos That Accept Monzo